Welcome to the GA4 and Looker video, where we’ll discuss the upcoming changes to Google Analytics and the benefits of using Looker for data visualization. In this video, Steve Robinson will provide you with information about the new Google Analytics 4 and explain why Looker is the perfect tool for creating beautiful dashboards and gaining deeper insights into your data.
- Google Analytics will stop collecting data in its legacy product, Universal Analytics, on July 1st, 2023.
- Website owners will need to update their tags to collect data in a new Google Analytics 4 property or risk losing data.
- GA4 is more complex than Universal Analytics but offers more power and features.
- Google is looking to position Google Analytics as a tool for data professionals, not average users.
- Looker, formerly known as Google Data Studio, is a powerful dashboarding tool that allows marketers to create beautiful dashboards showing data that appears in GA4.
- Looker can be used to create dashboards that are better suited for all users, both inside and outside of the marketing department.
- Looker gives marketers a very powerful interface to deep dive into the content inside of Google Analytics itself.
It is important to be aware of the changes coming to Google Analytics and the benefits of using Looker for powerful data visualization. Steve encourages viewers to take action and update their tags before July 1st, 2023, and to consider using Looker to create effective dashboards from the new GA4 data.
For more actionable advice on how to improve your marketing strategy, make sure to subscribe to the Brilliant Metrics YouTube channel.