Sick of riding the campaign roller coaster? Steve and Elizabeth discuss how marketing programs help us ditch the campaign pitch cycle and remain nimble and responsive to market engagement.
In this episode, we discuss…
- Campaigns are big ideas constrained to a specific time period.
- A program is the intersection of a defined objective for a defined audience with no definitive end date.
- Campaigns use a predetermined time frame, either running creative long past its effectiveness or stopping too early.
- Programs plan for creative changes when needed and are responsive to market engagement.
- Lessons learned from the last campaign are often thrown away because they are not applicable to the next one.
- Programs allow you to build up knowledge over time based on what messaging works best and what media channels deliver most efficiently.
For more information on the charity in this episode, please visit Life Navigators.