Traditional media has its drawbacks, but using a customer journey can help us as marketers personalize that message to our audience.
In this episode, we discuss…
- Traditional media requires a different strategy than digital media.
- We recommend listening to episode 18, Aligning Content With Your Customer Journey for added context.
- Digital allows marketers to mix first-party and third-party data to target an individual. Traditional doesn’t afford that luxury, outside of direct mail.
- The customer journey state is broken into different states, See, Think, Do, Grow and Give.
- The journey state is not always known of our audience targeted with traditional media. In general, it’s mostly See.
- Every traditional medium — TV, radio/podcast, print, outdoor, direct mail — has its tradeoffs, which we will explore.
For more information on the charity in this episode, please visit Girls On The Run.
The Iterative Marketing Podcast, a production of Brilliant Metrics, ran from February 2016 to September 2017. Music by SeaStock Audio.
Learn more about Iterative Marketing and listen to other episodes on Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Stitcher, SoundCloud and Google Play.