Traditional media has its drawbacks, but using a customer journey can help us as marketers personalize that message to our audience.
In this episode, we discuss…
- Traditional media requires a different strategy than digital media.
- We recommend listening to episode 18, Aligning Content With Your Customer Journey for added context.
- Digital allows marketers to mix first-party and third-party data to target an individual. Traditional doesn’t afford that luxury, outside of direct mail.
- The customer journey state is broken into different states, See, Think, Do, Grow and Give.
- The journey state is not always known of our audience targeted with traditional media. In general, it’s mostly See.
- Every traditional medium — TV, radio/podcast, print, outdoor, direct mail — has its tradeoffs, which we will explore.
For more information on the charity in this episode, please visit Girls On The Run.